Butterscotch Pie With Sugar-Glazed Pecans
- Heat oven to 475°. Combine flour and salt in large bowl; cut in 6 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough water with fork just until flour is moistened. Shape into ball; flatten slightly.
- Roll out dough onto lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle. Fold into quarters. Place dough into ungreased 9-inch pie pan. Unfold, pressing firmly onto bottom and up sides. Trim crust to 1/z inch from edge of pan; crimp or flute edge. Prick bottom and sides of crust with fork. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Set aside.
- Combine pecans, sugar and 2 tablespoons butter in 10-inch skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, shaking pan occasionally, until sugar turns golden (3 to 4 minutes). Do not stir. Pour nut mixture onto aluminum foil. Cool completely. Break into pieces.
- Prepare pudding & pie filling according to package instructions, except using 3 1/2 cups milk. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat whipping cream in large chilled deep mixer bowl at high speed until stiff peaks form (2 to 3 minutes). Gently stir 1 cup whipped cream into chilled filling. Cover and refrigerate remaining whipped cream.
- Pour filling mixture into cooled crust. Cover surface with plastic food wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove plastic food wrap. Sprinkle 1/3 cup nuts onto top of pie. Carefully spread remaining whipped cream on top. Sprinkle with remaining nuts.