Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
old recipe viola reeves killion meadow grove ne old school book handwritten 1940s at least said this was best recipe
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 pie shell, baked
- in double boiler sugar flour water butter.
- whisk constantly cooking for 8 minutes.
- add milk and egg yolks.
- temper your stuff before you add to hot.
- continue cooking until thick.
- beat egg whites stiff.
- fill pie and top with whites.
- bake in hot oven 450 until browned 10 minutes.