- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 inch) pie crusts, baked
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, flour and salt in top of a double boiler.
- Heat milk and slowly stir in flour and sugar. Cook over boiling water until mixture begins to thicken.
- Beat egg yolks in small bowl and stir 1 cup of hot mixture into eggs so the eggs do not scramble.
- Stir egg mixture to double boiler and add butter. Cook until thick and pour into shell.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.