Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Butterscotch lovers UNITE! You MUST love butterscotch to enjoy this pie. Very sweet and rich and just right for kids of all ages! ncm4ukc
- Combine sugar, flour and salt in top of a double boiler.
- Heat milk and slowly stir in flour and sugar. Cook over boiling water until mixture begins to thicken.
- Beat egg yolks in small bowl and stir 1 cup of hot mixture into eggs so the eggs do not scramble.
- Stir egg mixture to double boiler and add butter. Cook until thick and pour into shell.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Was excatley what i was looking for and turned out great---Thanks for a great tasting recipe.