Top Review by Toadflax
Quick and easy. We really enjoyed it and I will definitely make it again. I put extra pecans on top before baking rather than using them for a garnish later - they got that "toasted flavour" and it looked attractive. Thanks for the recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 16 ounces Cool Whip (thawed)
- chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine brown sugar and 1 tablespoon flour in a small bowl.
- Lightly spoon 1-1/4 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine with granulated sugar, 1/3 cup pecans, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine milk, butter, and vanilla in a bowl; add to flour mixture.
- Stir just until moist.
- Spread batter into an 8-inch square baking pan; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture.
- Pour boiling water over batter (do not stir).
- Bake at 350' for 35 minutes or until pudding is bubbly and cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Serve warm with whipped topping.
- Garnish with pecans, if desired.