Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 9-inch pie shell
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400* In medium bowl, beat eggs slightly.
- Add corn syrup, salt, vanilla, brown sugar and butter; mix well.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350* and bake additional 30-35 minutes or until edge of filling seems set.
- Let cool completely on wire rack.
- Just before serving, decorate around edge with rosettes of whipped cream.
I've made this pie for quite a while and it is one of my favourites. It's one of the best pecan pies I've ever made. I always have to make these for the holidays. Give it a try!
I am a baker and I made this for my customers. Before I served it to them I cut a very small piece to sample. Before I could cut the rest into slices I cut another small sample but this time it wasn't so small. very good pie thanks!
this pecan pie was just the best, i didn't change a thing. thank you