Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 mins
Something my kids like to make
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package butter pecan cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 1⁄3 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°; position oven rack in the middle of the oven; spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In a big bowl add half the cake mix, melted butter, and eggs; blend with an electric mixer on med-high speed, 1-2 minutes, until blended and smooth.
- Stir in the remaining cake mix and chips with a wooden spoon until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans onto cookie tops; gently press nuts into dough.
- Bake 9-12 minutes until set at edges and just barely set at center when lightly touched.
- Cool 1 minute on sheets; transfer to wire racks with metal spatula and cool completely.