Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These bars are more cake-like than cookie bars. The bottom layer is butterscotch while the frosting is creamy and peanut butter!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream brown sugar and melted butter.
- Add vanilla and eggs 1 at a time.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, powder, and salt.
- Add dry mixture into wet mixture.
- Spread into a greased glass baking dish (9x9 or 11x7).
- Cook in oven until golden, 15-18 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat peanut butter and cream on low heat.
- Stir until smooth, and spread over baked bars.
- Cool slightly and cut into bars.
Quick and tasty ~ Because the peanut butter thinned only tasted like peanut butter, and was somewhat blah for me, I used 4 tablespoons evaporated milk, 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla as the frosting for the butterscotch bars. Made for 2009 Fall PAC ~ thanks FGB!