Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Something else the kids enjoy making as well as eating. The applesauce instead of oil lowers the fat without taking away from the taste. These are very similar to the commercial squares that you buy. My children like these baked at the 30 minute mark, it's more cookie-like. Bake for less time to get a more moist square.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3-2⁄3 cup butterscotch chips
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Beat eggs and add applesauce and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to dry mixture and mix well.
- Press into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and bake for 20 - 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until toothpick comes out clean when stuck in the middle of batter.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.