Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe I got from a family friend then continued to tinker with. It makes a ton of cookies, but they go really fast.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup butter (softened) or 1 cup margarine (softened)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (I use Quaker Oats)
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine: flour, baking soda, salt and spices in a small bowl.
- Beat (cream together): butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats, butterscotch chips and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons.
- onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes.
- Cool 2 minutes on pan than transfer to rakes till cool.
- Cook's Note in Response to Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Review: I've found it's important to make sure you replace any of the add-ins you leave out (raisins or butterscotch chips) either with the same amount of another add-in or with an equal amount of extra oats. That will keep the cookie from being too "runny".
I wish I could give this recipe more than just 5 stars.
I've made them in both a regular and a convection oven and I've never had any problems with them coming out crumbly. They're always perfectly chewy and never seem to get harder with time, unlike other cookie recipes I've tried. As another reviewer said, I usually use 1 cup of butterscotch and 1 cup of chocolate chips rather than 2 cups of butterscotch, and they're unbelievable. My husband calls them 'awesome cookies.'
I'm also thinking of trying a cranberry/walnut/white chocolate chip version instead of raisins/butterscotch.
These come out looking nothing like the photo, they are flat, they stick to the sheet and crumble whether you take them off in one minute or five. The taste isn't that great, I will honestly say this recipe is a WASTE of ingredients.
I just made these and omg!! one of the best cookies I've ever tried. Thanks so much for sharing this!! Just a note....these disappeared so fast the first time I made them I'm doubling the recipe this time and as per hubby's request I'm using chocolate and butterscotch chips.