Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Kids of all ages love this --- I also added in some cinnamon and raisins but that is optional --- you can also make this in the microwave, I use an 8-cup pyrex measuring cup just remove a few times and stir --- I top this with a bit of 18% cream and sprinkle with a sugar/cinnamon topping --- the recipe is enough for 2-4 servings but I can eat the whole thing myself this is so good :)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (can use more)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the egg with milk, brown sugar, pinch salt and cinnamon (if using).
- Mix in the oats; bring to a simmer.
- When the oats begin to boil, cook and stir with a wooden spoon until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter until melted.
- Serve immediately.