Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (11 ounce) packagehershey's butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped salted mixed nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line 8-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
- Combine sugar, marshmallow creme, evaporated milk and butter in heavy 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full boil; boil and stir 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; gradually add butterscotch chips, stirring until chips are melted. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan; cool.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours. Remove from pan; place on cutting board. Peel off foil. Cut into squares. Store tightly covered in refrigerator. About 5 dozen pieces or about 2-1/4 pounds candy.
- NOTE: For best results, do not double this recipe.
I was not happy with the way this fudge turned out for me. It never hardened up, and after cooling it off over night I had to take it out of the baking dish and try cooking it again to see if that would work but it didn't. It did have a great flavor while it was cooking. I followed the directions to the letter, only it just didn't turn out for me. I was looking forward to taking this to work. Thanks for posting.