Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Interesting recipe! 8)
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Grease a 8 inch square pan.
- Cream 1/3 cup butter/margarine and brown sugar together small bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in 1/4 cup butter or margarine until crumbly.
- Make a well in the center and pour in milk; stir to make a soft dough.
- Knead dough 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out on a lightly floured surface to a 9 or 10-inch square.
- Spread with the brown sugar mixture, then sprinkle nuts.
- Roll up as would a jelly roll and pinch edge to seal.
- Cut into 12 slices and place into a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Invert over tray while hot; serve.