Recipe by Irmgard
Posted in response to another member's request for recipes using butterscotch chips. Refrigeration time is included in cooking time.
Top Review by LainieBug
Very good and easy. My turned out a bit on the dry side, not sure if I did something wrong or it's how they are supposed to be. Anyway, they all got eaten so will add these to my Christmas cookie tray.
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Combine the sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and the butterscotch chips.
- Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the rolled oats and coconut.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the waxed paper.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.