Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 11 mins
Posted in response to another member's request for recipes using butterscotch chips. Refrigeration time is included in cooking time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Combine the sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and the butterscotch chips.
- Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the rolled oats and coconut.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the waxed paper.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
Very good and easy. My turned out a bit on the dry side, not sure if I did something wrong or it's how they are supposed to be. Anyway, they all got eaten so will add these to my Christmas cookie tray.
yummy and easy to make.