Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A sweet and crunchy snack mix, good for any time! Crisp cereal is coated with a melted butterscotch/peanut butter mixture and sprinkled throughout with chocolate chips. Break apart when cool and put in a pretty tin for gift giving OR keep it for yourself :) (I'll never tell !)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 10 cups Rice Chex
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- Melt together the butter, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips.
- Put cereal in a very large bowl.
- When butterscotch mixture is smooth and melted, remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour this over the cereal.
- Working QUICKLY (to keep the mixture warm enough to melt your chocolate chips at the end), stir gently until all cereal is coated.
- Pour onto a long length of waxed paper.
- Spread out the mixture and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- DO NOT STIR!
- When mixture is completely cool, break up and store in an airtight container.