Recipe by Musical Joy
The pudding mixes make these muffins so moist and yummy! Plus, the recipe makes a lot; great for a special breakfast or treat. Very distinctive flavor. I'd never made muffins from scratch before I tried this recipe - it's how I'll do it from now on!
Top Review by MizzNezz
A very good "from scratch" recipe for muffins! They baked up moist and delicious. I cut the cinnamon in the topping to 1 teaspoon. That worked out good. These are sweet, but not overly so, and the pudding mixes gave them much more substance than the ones I usually make.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl.
- ,combine the flour, sugar, pudding mixes, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the water, eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.