Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine in Washington, D.C. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds good and I love dates!
- 1 cup cashews, raw
- 1 cup dates, soft pitted, packed measure
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butterscotch extract
- 6 kiwi fruits, sliced
- In a food processor, grind the cashews approximately 2 minutes until they are the consistency of ground meal. Add the dates and process 1 minute or until you reach a pasty consistency.
- Gradually add the water and blend until smooth and creamy. Add the nutmeg, cinnamon, and butterscotch extract and process a couple more seconds until completely blended.
- Serve in chilled glasses layered with slices of kiwi.
Wow! I wasn't actually expecting it to be this good! Wow! It's very rich. I tasted it before adding the flavorings and that was good too, but the flavorings are just right. Wow! It was worth the somewhat expensive butterscotch extract. No worries about if I'll get that used up! This is really good! Thank you! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC tag. Oh! I didn't try it with the kiwis because I didn't have any. Definitely will next time and I'll try to take a picture.