Top Review by nkdibala
Is anything missing from your ingredients??? I made a double batch of these cookies for my child's school project - they were a complete disaster! First, the dough would not stick together at all so I added 5 MORE Tbs butter. That didn't do it so I added a 3rd egg plus 2 more Tbs butter! I followed the instructions & ended up with a very hard, dense product that had no flavor!
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and add sugars, salt, soda and cinnamon and blend well.
- Add egg and beat.
- Add flour and stir until mixture forms soft ball.
- Divide dough into three parts.
- Shape each into roll about 2 inches in diameter on waxed paper.
- Wrap and chill until firm.
- Slice 1/4 inch thick and place on greased baking sheets.
- Brush with maple syrup.
- Bake 10 minutes at 375 degrees or until golden brown.