Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a candy cookbook. Its VERY rich and intense...so be sure to break it into small pieces. If you love butterscotch then this candy is for you.
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled butterscotch candy
- butter or margarine, to grease cookie sheet
- Butter a large cooked sheet and line with wax paper.
- Melt 6 oz of the chips in a double boiler.
- When chips are melted completely, remove top pan from bottom pan of double boiler.
- Add the remaining chips and melt until smooth and melted.
- Add the hard crumbled candy with a wooden spoon and stir until completely coated.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread to 1/2" thickness.You don't have to spread to the edges of the pan.
- Let bark set up at room temperature for 1 hour or in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Grab edges of cooled bark and peel off wax paper.
- Break with hands into irregular pieces, about 2" each.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- NOTE: To crumble hard candy; place in a plastic bag and hit with a heavy pot.
- VARIATIONS: Apricot Butterscotch-Substitute 1 cup dried apricots for hard candy -- Chocolate Cookie Butterscotch Bark-Substitute 3/4 cup roughly chopped Oreos for the hard candy -- Halloween Butterscotch Bark-Substitute 3/4 cup whole candy corn for the hard candy.