Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy to make and delicious. Children love them.
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- Melt butterscotch morsels and peanut butter. Stir until morsels melt and mixture is smooth. Transfer into large bowl. Add rice cereal; mix well.
- Press into aluminum foil-lined 13 X 9 inch pan.
- Chill in refrigerator until firm (about 1 hour).
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.
Great flavor! I had these as a kid too; I'm surprised it was so hard to find this recipe on here. I was looking for this ratio of butterscotch to peanut butter.<br/>I don't make bars: I like using cornflakes cereal and dropping them into little cookie mounds on wax paper. Today I had leftover cereal from making chex mix, so I made half of this recipe with a combo of cheerios, wheat chex, and crispix.
These are the best! My mom made these when I was a kid, and I've made them for my family as well. It's a great twist on the traditional Rice Krispie Treats. In fact, I like them better.