Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The fact that they are both delicious and extremely easy makes them a big winner in my book! Hope you like them, too! These would be a wonderful addition to a christmas cookie tray, or for fall school parties (if there are no peanut allergies in the class).
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 5 ounces chow mein noodles
- Melt chips and peanut butter in microwave (about 2 minutes in mine, stir halfway through).
- Stir in chow mein noodles and drop onto wax paper (a heaping tablespoon per haystack).
Yummy, easy! I added some salted peanuts and that was really good. I did have a problem getting them small enough but that's clearly operator error. They are super rich!
I've seen other versions that call for peanuts or marshmallows. This is the way I've always made them. Can't get any easier than this to make a sweet treat!
I've been making haystacks with my mom every Christmas since I was a little girl. They have always been a family favorite. We always use peanuts instead of peanut butter - can't wait to try this version! Thanks :)