Recipe by Lennie
This is a wonderful sauce to serve over French Vanilla ice cream. Definitely for ginger lovers only, though; although if you leave out the ground and crystallized ginger, you do have a terrific butterscotch sauce.
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- In a two-cup glass measuring cup, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and ground ginger; mix in honey, then stir in cream and butter.
- Microwave, uncovered, on High for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring every minute.
- Stir in crystallized ginger.
- Serve warm over ice cream, preferably a french vanilla.
- If there are leftovers, keep them refrigerated.