Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love chocolate fudge pie and my husband loves butterscotch. So, I took a recipe for fudge pie and made a few changes. It turned out excellent! This pie has an intense butterscotch flavor with the texture of fudge. What could be better. Serve with whipped cream and enjoy.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a one quart saucepan, melt the butterscotch chips and butter on low heat til melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugar and salt mixing well.
- Add eggs and vanilla mixing well.
- Pour into a 9" unbaked pie shell and bake.
- at 375 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Serve with whipped cream.