Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Gooey Chocolatey Good Brownies
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- In a saucepan, melt butter and chocolate; remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, and add eggs; beat just until blended.
- Stir in vanilla, flour and baking soda, and fold in nuts.
- Spread in greased 9"x9"x2" baking pan, and bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes.
- To make frosting, lightly brown butter, and cool.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Slowly add hot water until frosting is of spreadable consistency.
- Cool brownies, top with frosting, and cut into bars.