Gooey Chocolatey Good Brownies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1In a saucepan, melt butter and chocolate; remove from heat.
- 2Stir in sugar, and add eggs; beat just until blended.
- 3Stir in vanilla, flour and baking soda, and fold in nuts.
- 4Spread in greased 9"x9"x2" baking pan, and bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes.
- 5To make frosting, lightly brown butter, and cool.
- 6Gradually beat in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- 7Slowly add hot water until frosting is of spreadable consistency.
- 8Cool brownies, top with frosting, and cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Fudge Brownies With Golden Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.9
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 71.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 1.5 g