Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes, unchanged, from the 2008 cookbook Taste of Home Dinner on a Dime.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe on January 17th,2012 and I'm sorry I didn't rate this until now. Except for using an 8 x 8 in. pan,the recipe was made as it was written.My SO really enjoyed them, but I thought they were just " o.k. ". Thanks for taking the time to post. " Keep Smiling :) "
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate square
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave, melt butter & chocolate, then stir until totally melted & blended.
- Stir in brown sugar until dissolved, then cool to lukewarm, before stirring in the egg & vanilla.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then grease a 9" square baking pan.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder & salt, then stir this mixture into the chocolate mixture until blended.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips before spreading the entire mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 22 to 27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack before cutting & serving.