Prep 10 mins
Cook 27 mins
This recipe comes, unchanged, from the 2008 cookbook Taste of Home Dinner on a Dime.
Make and share this Butterscotch Fudge Bars recipe from Food.com.
- In a microwave, melt butter & chocolate, then stir until totally melted & blended.
- Stir in brown sugar until dissolved, then cool to lukewarm, before stirring in the egg & vanilla.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then grease a 9" square baking pan.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder & salt, then stir this mixture into the chocolate mixture until blended.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips before spreading the entire mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 22 to 27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack before cutting & serving.
I made this recipe on January 17th,2012 and I'm sorry I didn't rate this until now. Except for using an 8 x 8 in. pan,the recipe was made as it was written.My SO really enjoyed them, but I thought they were just " o.k. ". Thanks for taking the time to post. " Keep Smiling :) "
Ate so much, better pull out the fat pants. Not me...my sister! (the Sister#2 one). Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.
My family loved these. I substituted Reese's chips for the butterscotch. Made for PRMR.