This recipe comes, unchanged, from the 2008 cookbook Taste of Home Dinner on a Dime.
Make and share this Butterscotch Fudge Bars recipe from Food.com.
- In a microwave, melt butter & chocolate, then stir until totally melted & blended.
- Stir in brown sugar until dissolved, then cool to lukewarm, before stirring in the egg & vanilla.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then grease a 9" square baking pan.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder & salt, then stir this mixture into the chocolate mixture until blended.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips before spreading the entire mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 22 to 27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack before cutting & serving.