Recipe by Mick's favorite daughter
this combines the best of both worlds, butterscotch and fudge. This will turn out thick, heavy and a perfect melt in your mouth creamy.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- foil-lined 8" square pan.
- spread 1/2C walnuts evenly on bottom of pan.
- set aside.
- in heavy gauge saucepan combine marshmallow cream, sugar, evaporated milk, butter & salt.
- bring to a full rolling boil over moderate heat stirring consistently.
- boil 5min. stirring consistently.
- remove from heat.
- add butterscotch
- stir until morsels melt & mixture is smooth.
- stir in orange extract & orange rind.
- pour into prepared pan sprinkling remaining 1/2C walnuts on top.
- chill until firm or about 2 hours.
- makes 2/1/3lbs.