Prep 3 hrs
Cook 12 mins
This is from a Pillsbury Classics cookbook.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine or 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In large bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar and margarine until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs; blend well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup;level off.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix wel.
- Line two 8x4-inch bread pans with foil, allowing foil to extend above sides of pans; press half of dough into each pan.( see tip) Fold foil to seal; freeze 2-3 hours or until well chilled.
- Heat oven to 350°F Lightly grease cookies sheets.
- Unfold foil; lift dough from pan. remove foil; cut dough into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 F for 8-12 minutes or until light golden brown. cool 1 minute, remove from cookie sheets.
- HIGH ALTITUDE:(Above 3500 feet.)
- Decrease granualted sugar to 3/4 cup.
- Bake as directed.
- **(TIP: Pans may be omitted and dough shaped into two 8x4-inch rectangular shaped rolls, freeze and bake as directed)
- BUTTERSCOTCH FREEZE 'N SLICE SQUARES:
- Slices may be cut in half into two 20-inch squares.
- Bake at 350 F for 8-12 minutes.
- Makes 10 dozen cookies.