- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup demerara sugar
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- 6 tablespoons cornflour
- cake, cubed
- popcorn (etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, sugar and golden syrup in saucepan.
- Heat gently until mixture begins to bubble, stirring occasionally.
- Allow mixture to boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in the evaporated milk; cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce is hot and bubbling.
- Add chopped nuts.
- In small bowl, blend cornflour smoothly with 2 tablespoons water.
- Add the mixture to sauce in pan and heat until thickened.
- Pour into fondue pot and place over burner to keep warm.
- Serve with pieces of fruit/popcorn, cake, etc.