A lovely treat for a party or a treat for you or your family 8)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup demerara sugar
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- 6 tablespoons cornflour
- cake, cubed
- popcorn (etc.)
- 1Combine butter, sugar and golden syrup in saucepan.
- 2Heat gently until mixture begins to bubble, stirring occasionally.
- 3Allow mixture to boil for 1 minute.
- 4Stir in the evaporated milk; cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce is hot and bubbling.
- 5Add chopped nuts.
- 6In small bowl, blend cornflour smoothly with 2 tablespoons water.
- 7Add the mixture to sauce in pan and heat until thickened.
- 8Pour into fondue pot and place over burner to keep warm.
- 9Serve with pieces of fruit/popcorn, cake, etc.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.9
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Sodium 206.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 43.3 g
- Protein 8.0 g