Recipe by Courtly
from taste of home, star shaped cookies with a beautiful center... they have a rich eggnog flavor, YUM!
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup eggnog
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup crushed butterscotch candy
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- yellow sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and eggnog. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture. Divide into three portions and chill overnight.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out oneportion at a time to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut with a floured 3 1/2 inch star cutter.
- Cut out centers with a 1 1/2 inch star cutter.
- Line baking sheets with foil; grease foil.
- Place large star cutouts on prepared baking sheets.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp candy in center of each.
- Repeat with remaining dough; reroll small cutouts if desired.
- Bake at 375 for 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes.
- Carefully slide foil and cookies from baking sheets onto wire racks to cool.
- For icing, beat confectioners' sugar, rum extract and enough eggnog to achieve drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies if desired. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Let stand until hardened.