Recipe by GingerlyJ
I have tried alot of eggnog but this is my favorite. It comes from the Deen family cookbook
- 4 cups milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- heat the milk to a slow boil in a medium saucepan.
- in a large bowl, whisk the yolks and brown sugar until thick.
- whisking constantly, pour the milk into the egg mixture.
- whisk in the salt.
- return the mixture to the pot over medium heat.
- cook, stirring, constantly until thick enough to coat the back of teh spoon.
- strain into a bowl and cool to lukewarm before adding vanilla.
- beat the cream until soft peaks form and fold into custard.
- add brandy and bourbon.
- garnish with nutmeg.