1/2 Photos of Butterscotch Eggnog
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
I'm not a big fan of the "traditional egg nog" But when I had this butterscotch version it soon became a favorite and must have during the holidays. I searched Zaar and didn't see anything like this recipe. If you like Butterscotch Schnapps try this, you'll be thanking me ;) Serve to your guests and accept their compliments graciously!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate eggs at room temperature by placing yolk in one bowl and egg whites in another; be careful, one speck of yolk in the white can ruin the whole recipe. Beat yolks until creamed with about half of the sugar. Add remaining sugar. Continue to beat until it looks like the color of butter (about 10 min) Chill in refrigerator. Beat cream until it forms stiff peaks, and refrigerate.Beat Egg Whites until it forms stiff peaks.
- 2Nog Assembly:.
- 3About 30 minutes before serving, add in the following order:.
- 4Add milk to chilled yolk mixture. Add vanilla extract and butterscotch schnapps and stir.
- 5Gently fold the egg white mixture into the yolk mixture.
- 6Gently fold the fluffy cream into the mixture.
- 7Serve in a punch bowl with a sprinkle of fresh grated nutmeg (or ground nutmeg).
- 8If your quest would like a stronger nog, can individually add a splash of Brandy, Jack Daniels or your favorite whiskey. (My sister and brother-in-law do. Say it's "real good".
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Eggnog
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.7
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 332.6 mg
- Sodium 150.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 30.6 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: