Recipe by mich76
yum!! a big family favourite
Top Review by cindygma
Tried this recipe tonight with no alterations. The flavor is superb and the ice cream is necessary. However, cannot give more stars because the dumplings themselves seem lacking. Mine were too dry to even hold together and shape. When the syrup was added, they kind of disintegrated into a mush. Very difficult to turn & no extra syrup to spoon over. Is something missing from the dumpling dough? Would like to try again and re-rate.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 60 g chopped butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 30 g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 180°C.
- lightly grease a shallow 2l ovenproof dish.
- sift flour into a large bowl, rub in butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- add water and golden syrup and mix to a soft sticky dough.
- divide into about 10 equal portions and shape into round dumplings, place in dish.
- make the butterscotch sauce by combining all ingrediants in a saucepan
- stir over a low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- bring to the boil then remove from heat.
- pour sauce over the dumplings and bake 20 mins.
- turn dumplings and spoon over sauce and bake a further 10 mins.
- serve immediately with icecream.