Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I like this cookie; because it's so easy to make, and doesn't require baking in the oven, which is a definite advantage in the summertime. I found it in The Salvation Army's Collection of Family Recipes.
- 1 package butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups Special K cereal or 4 cups i often use corn flakes
- I have found it's often best to use a little peanut butter; and sometimes a package and a half to get the melted ingredients to adhere better to the cereal.
- Carefully melt the butterscotch drops and the peanut butter together over low heat.
- Do not overcook.
- Pour over the cereal.
- Mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto waxed paper coated cookie sheets.
- These take a couple of hours to set in the fridge, so it's best to make them in the morning, so they will ready to eat for afterschool snacks.
i added mini marshmallows. very yummy!