Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My wife's new favorite cookie!
- 2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup soft butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Beat eggs, milk and vanilla into mixture.
- Add nuts.
- Sift remaining ingredients together and blend into mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on lightly greased cookie sheet (I highly recommend a non-stick cookie sheet).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 12 minutes, until golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Optionally you can add chocolate chips - 6 ounce package.