Recipe by Seebee
I didn't think I liked dates, and enjoyed my butterscotch "blondies" just fine without them. Reluctantly I gave this recipe a try...who would have guessed dates would blend with and enhance the butterscotch flavor so well?
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend oil and sugar.
- Stir in the egg.
- Add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt).
- Mix in the vanilla, dates and the optional nuts.
- Spread into a greased 8" square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes-- do not over-cook, they will be quite soft still Cut while warm.