Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Milk Website.
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 tablespoons butterscotch sundae sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly Butter nonstick muffin pan or line with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, whisk egg. Whisk in brown sugar, Milk, Butter, corn syrup and vanilla. Sprinkle with flour, baking powder and salt and whisk until blended and smooth.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 15 to 20 min or until cake tester inserted into centre cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minute Transfer to rack to cool completely.
- Icing: In bowl, using electric mixer, beat 2 tbsp of the butterscotch sauce with Butter until blended. Sift icing sugar into bowl and beat until smooth, adding as much of remaining butterscotch a little at a time as necessary to make icing smooth and spreadable. Spread over cooled cupcakes.
- Tips: If you don't have dark brown sugar, use light brown sugar and add 2 tsp (10 mL) fancy molasses.
Very good! my wife and I loved them.
The cupcakes were lovely Redsie. They reminded me of sponge cake. They had a nice flavour and great texture. My dh prefers chocolate frosting, so I made chocolate as well as butterscotch frosting. They were both thick, rich and SWEET, with a nice fudgey texture and flavour. Thanks for sharing.