Sue Lau's Note:
A delicious recipe taken from the "Nestle Toll House Recipe Collection", posted in response to a request on the message boards. Enjoy! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups pared cored and sliced tart cooking apples
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 3Mix together apples and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- 4In a small bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt; pour over apples, coating apples well.
- 5If using frozen pie shell, use deep-dish type, and bake on cookie sheet for 10 minutes to thaw.
- 6Pour apples into pie shell.
- 7Cover edges of pie crust with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
- 8Bake at 375 degrees F.
- 9for 20 minutes.
- 11In top of double boiler, stir together morsels and butter until they are melted; remove from heat.
- 12Stir in flour and salt; mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 13Remove foil from pie crust; sprinkle topping over pie.
- 14Bake an additional 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden and pie is bubbly.
- 15Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Crumb Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.9
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 250.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 33.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g