Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Oh, the "Joy of Cooking".
Make and share this Butterscotch Cream Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Make Butterscotch: Cook brown sugar and butter until smooth and bubbly over medium heat.
- Turn off heat and add heavy cream.
- Set aside.
- Then: Place cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Slowly add milk and egg yolks.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add butterscotch.
- Pour into prepared pie tin, cover, and refrigerate.
OH MY GOD. I should have used pudding mix. This recipe was EXTREMELY difficult. Making butterscotch is MUCH more complicated than combining butter and sugar. First time when I tried to "make it smooth", it burned. Then, when I made it "right", it tasted like rice pudding. Upsetting because this was my chosen dessert for Thanksgiving TOMORROW.