this is a unique brownie for butterscotch fans
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Grease and flour a 12x18" jelly roll pan.
- 3To prepare the CREAM CHEESE FILLING:.
- 4In a medium-size bowl, beat the cream cheese and the sugar till smooth. Add the egg and beat well. Add the flour and beat until incorporated. Set aside.
- 6In a medium-sized saucepan over low heat, melt the butterscotch chips and the butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and beat in the brown sugar until well blended. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- 7Beat the eggs one at a time into the butterscotch mixture. Add the vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients, beating until well combined. Stir in the walnuts. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- 8Drop the cream cheese mixture by teaspoonfuls over the batter. Using a small knife, swirl the cream cheese into the batter, forming a decorative pattern.
- 9Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into center of pan comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- 10Do no overbake.
- 11Allow to cook to room temperature, or overnight, before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1819 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.5
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 168.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g