Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
this is a unique brownie for butterscotch fans
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease and flour a 12x18" jelly roll pan.
- To prepare the CREAM CHEESE FILLING:.
- In a medium-size bowl, beat the cream cheese and the sugar till smooth. Add the egg and beat well. Add the flour and beat until incorporated. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over low heat, melt the butterscotch chips and the butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and beat in the brown sugar until well blended. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs one at a time into the butterscotch mixture. Add the vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients, beating until well combined. Stir in the walnuts. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Drop the cream cheese mixture by teaspoonfuls over the batter. Using a small knife, swirl the cream cheese into the batter, forming a decorative pattern.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into center of pan comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Do no overbake.
- Allow to cook to room temperature, or overnight, before cutting and serving.
Yum! Rich and delicious and a very pretty bar cookie. Baked in a jelly roll pan with perfect results. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Wonderful and rich! I made in a 9x13 and just cooked for about 40 minutes. They were great. Thank you for posting!