Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy crunchy cookie recipe..add raisins, or almonds..
- 3⁄4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine stick, room temp
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups slightly crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄3 cup raisins or 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- Place half only of the chip in a small pot and melt over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Combine the melted butterscotch chip with the brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla.
- Beat all together very well.
- Combine the sifted flour with the baking soda and salt.
- Now sift the dry ingredients into the beaten mixture. Combine well.
- Stir in the remaining butterscotch chipits, cornflakes, and raisins or nuts.
- Shape into small balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten with a fork in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes until nicely browned and desired crispness.
- Remove from cookie sheet while still warm onto a wire rack.
- Makes 60 cookies.
We love these.