1/2 Photos of Butterscotch Cookies(Cook's Country)
2 hrs 22 mins
2 hrs 12 mins
Use chilled butter so it won’t melt when you add the melted chips in step 2. If the chilled dough begins to split as you slice it, soften it on the counter for 10 minutes. Prep-time includes chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Microwave 1/2 cup butterscotch chips and 3 tablespoons butter in bowl until melted, about 1 minute, stirring halfway through. Whisk in vanilla until mixture is smooth. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- 2In bowl whisk flour and backing powder. Set aside.
- 3Cream remaining butter and brown sugar with your stand mixer on medium high speed until pale and fluffy. About 3 minutes. Scrape the bowl down during this time. Add cooled butterscotch mixture and beat until combined, about 1 minute. Add egg yolk and beat until incorporated. Reduce speed to low and add in the flour/baking powder and mix for a minute, or until the dough is formed.
- 4Turn dough out on to the counter and shape it into a 9 inch roll to form an even cylinder. Wrap it in parchment paper, roll it again until you feel like it’s a good cylinder shape. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 5Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment and slice the chilled dough into 1/4 inch rounds and place on baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes.
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Cookies(Cook's Country)
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.5
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.2 mg
- Sodium 52.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 0.9 g