Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cream of tartar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml butter
- 473.18 ml brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift flour, soda, cream of tartar and salt together.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients, eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
- Shape into rolls; wrap in waxed paper and chill until firm. Slice thin.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes.
These are really yummy cookies that we all enjoyed. Step 5 doesn't specify how large to roll the dough nor how thick the sliced cookies should be. So I winged it and split the dough into thirds and rolled each about 2 inches across and sliced the cookies about 1/4 inch thick. And that seemed to work out well. My oven runs a little hot, and 400 degrees produced a pretty crunchy cookie after 10 minutes of baking time. So I reduced the temperature to 375 and baked each batch for 11 minutes, and that was perfect. Thanks for sharing your recipe, xpbowling. Made for Fall 2011 Pick-A-Chef.