Recipe by TiMo V
It is the richest, gooiest, yummiest use of instant coffee that I have ever tasted! These are a cousin the chewy blondes but witha definite coffee flavor. Also good with ice cream!
- 3⁄4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (black)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Melt the butter and brown sufar in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is well combined.
- Add coffee powder, stirring to dissolve.
- Let cool until barely warm to the touch, and then beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift flour, salt and baking poder together, and stir the dry ingredients into the coffee mixture, the fold in nuts and chocolate.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top out with a spatula, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and chewy. DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- Cool on a rack and then cut them into squares and store them for up to 4 days in an airtight container- if they last that long!