Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
for the butterscotch lover in your family
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon regular instant coffee granules
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- combine brown sugar, crisco and egg.beat till creamy --
- mix hot water with coffee granules -- blend into creamed mixture --
- whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- gradually stir into creamed mixture.
- add butterscotch chips and chopped nuts.mix well.
- spread in a greased and floured 13x9 pan -- bake in a 3508 oven for 20-25 minutes.
- cool.cut into bars -- .