Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Or should we say "Oatmeal Sandwich bars"! A soft creamy butterscotch-chocolate filling is sandwiched between two layers of oatmeal crust. Simply divine - This recipe freezes well -
- 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups Robin Hood oats or 3 cups Old mill oats
- 1 (300 ml) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (regular or low-fat)
- 1 (300 ml) package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups almonds, sliced, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a 15x10x3/4 -inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper, overlapping the longer sides for easy removal.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons butter. Beat remaining butter and brown sugar on medium speed of an electric mixer. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually add flour, baking soda and oats . Mix well. Set aside 2 cups for topping. Press remaining pat mixture into prepared pan.
- Combine reserved 2 tablespoons butter, Eagle Brand, butterscotch chips and chocolate chips in medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring often until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat. Stir in 3/4 cup almonds. Spread chocolate mixture evenly over base. Crumble reserved oat mixture over filling. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup almonds on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until top is lightly brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into 2-inch squares. Freezes well.