Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is made with a cake mix which makes it a very fast cake to make. It is good anytime. It's from a Bundt cake cookbook from 1973.
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix (2 layer size)
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350D F.
- Grease Bundt pan well and lightly flour it.
- In large mixing bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, milk, water, oil and eggs.
- Beat at medium to high speed for about 3 minutes until mixture is smooth.
- Pour two-thirds of batter into prepared pan.
- Mix remaining batter with chocolate syrup and pour evenly over butterscotch mixture.
- Swirl through batter very gently with thin knife to marble.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cake tests done Cool in pan 25 minutes, then turn out and finish cooling on wire rack.
- Chocolate glaze gives a crowning touch, or sprinkle with icing sugar.
This recipe was fast and easy. The whole family loved it. The only comment, I'm glad I checked it at 42 minutes, because it was done. Without the glaze it would have been too dry.
WOW. I've found my new super-easy, very popular dessert to take to meetings and functions! Less than 10 min to get it mixed and in the oven, it looked fancy, and the plate came home with only crumbs. I didn't even glaze or sugar it, just cut it into slices and laid them out on a serving platter (all the marbling looked very nice). People didn't even use forks; just ate them as finger food dessert. I saw more than one person go back for seconds, and even a few thirds! Thanks SO much, Dorel!!! :oD