Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
Wow, another oldie but goodie lost in the abyss of my house and found. This is gooey, rich and fudgie,(is that a word) Great on chocolate cake. MMMMMMM
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup butter, do not substitute margarine
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large saucepan over medium heat combine the unsweetened chocolate, butter, light cream, brown sugar and salt.
- Stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil and chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract and 3 cups confectioners sugar.
- Stir until smooth.
- Cool very slightly and spread on 2 layer or 13x9 cake.