Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I found the original recipe for this cookie in Family Circle Magazine. I didn't have the ingredients that the recipe called for so I made a couple of changes and here is the result. It's really a very moist and chewy cookie. Baking time is for each cookie sheet. Recipe posted on March 13th, 2006.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted (do not use the margarine in the tubs)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine everything except butterscotch chips and pecans; stir to combine.
- Fold in butterscotch chips and pecans.
- Drop by level tablespoons, onto cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 minutes on sheets, then transfer cookies to racks to completly cool.
Super simple recipe to prepare. And they taste pretty good too! I did find that the 36 cookies are larger than I normally make. Next time I would make smaller cookies.