Recipe by chia
This looks really great in the gift jar, and is very economical too, from Family Circle.
Top Review by LAURIE
chia I not only made this as a gift for a friend birthday but I also made the actual cookies! Both were great. I loved the way the layers lookded in the jar and I also added 6 ready made cookies in a fall bag to the decorated jar. My friend really thought it was a neat gift. My kids really liked the actual cookies too. Thanks for a great, simple idea for a gift.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
additional ingredients needed by the baker
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- Pour half of mixture into a smaller bowl.
- Add cocoa to half mixture, stir to mix lightly.
- Pour cocoa-flour mixture into jar.
- Use a spice bottle to pack mixture down, continuing after each layer.
- Spoon flour mixture on top, pack down add dark brown sugar, pack add light brn sugar, pack.
- Add granulated sugar, pack add butterscotch chips close jar tightly, decorate with a cloth top, rope, etc- enclose this card with each jar:.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 c melted cooled butter, 3 eggs and 1 tbsp vanilla.
- Stir in contents of jar until mixed.
- Spray 2 baking pans with non-stick cooking spray, drop dough by tablespoons 2" apart bake 12-13 minutes until done cool on wire rack in pan for 2 minutes, then remove cookies and cool on wire rack.